Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting Ready for the Guild School

It's been a very busy three weeks as I prepare materials for my class at the I.G.M.A. Guild School. So much to do!

I just finished the class prototype of "Garden Cottage", having sold the first one to a long time customer who called to ask: "Do I have to make one, or can I just buy it?" (Classes are not everyone's idea of a good time!)

I dictated directions into a small recorder as I worked; now I have to write them out and make assembly drawings.

I've assembled parts, made multiple lists, and the studio is filled with partially packed boxes of supplies. It's fun, but a lot of work! The very last thing I did was make and paint 15 of the tiny weathervanes (10 plus 5 extra, in case of disasters.) All the other construction will be done by the students.














The Guild School is a one of a kind experience, whether you are a student or a teacher. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on - as the saying goes - if you happen to love miniatures!

5 comments:

  1. This is a class that I would adore to do....sadly I live a little tooooo far away!!!!

    Would you consider making kits for sale..? If so, please let me know.

    Have a great time..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guild School is a dream for me but, sadly, one which must be kept in the drawer. The litle cottage is awesome, so many details, it's wonderful. I join Linda's plea: are you going to make kits for sale? Thank you and have a nice day, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time, Nell, I know your students will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nell, What a wonderful little cottage and what a great class to be able to take! One year I will make it to the school. I love reading about everyone's week and it seems like it would be an incredible experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree with you Nell, it's the best week of the year! I was so blown away with the whole experience last year. Not in the least cos I was struck by a piece of yours. Remember the Mini, Munchies & More? It was the house made out of a calabash. Seeing it in real (while I knew it from your blog here) thought me again that your work (and that of others of course ,-)) is always way way better in real, compared with pics.

    And this cottage is such a nice class, I feel sad it's only a week of utter fun and excitement. Enjoy the preparations!

    ReplyDelete

Followers