Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Guild School 2011

Now that Chicago is over, I'm turning my attention to the Guild School. There's lots to do, especially in preparing for my Garden Cottage class.

First, though, I'm working on a piece to be donated for their annual fund raising auction. This is the last year legendary artists Noel and Pat Thomas will be teaching at the Guild School, so I'm teaming up with the wonderful doll artist, Connnie Sauve, to make a piece in their honor. Connie is making Noel and Pat dolls, and I am making a work table with an "in progress" version of "La Fenetre", the class they will be teaching this year. (To see it, go to: http://www.igma.org/guild_school/2011_classes/36.html)
I was lucky enough to take the class in 2009, so I have lots of photos to work from.


I've almost finished the 1:144 La Fenetre", and am about to set up the work table. I had planed to make a table, but remembered that I had a table by Mark Murphy (also a Guild School instructor) that somehow looks very "Noel Thomas-y", so I'm going to use that.

Pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to see it at Castine, I am sure it will be beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers