Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Summer Studio

Once in a while I get an idea for a project, but have to let it simmer on the back burner while I work on other things. This is one of those projects. When I designed the Garden Cottage for my Guild School class, I was thinking about other outbuildings that might be in someone's back yard. An artist's studio came to mind immediately, but I wasn't quite sure about the style. I finally decided on a more modern building, just for a change of pace. We live in a mid-century modern house, so this studio would look very nice in our back yard!

A happy recent discovery was that N Scale flowers are becoming available. That's what the sunflowers are, though I repainted them because I'm much too fussy to leave anything "as is." The hostas (green and white plants) are HO scale vegetables that I assembled NOT according to instructions and repainted.

My good friend Terry Junger made the two in progress paintings on the easels.



o

16 comments:

  1. :O Nell is a superb work I am speechless!
    So beautiful and well done!
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon! I love this one!!! Well, I always love your work, but this one truly speaks to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just wonderful! I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful wonderful wonderful
    We love the micro mini
    mini mini hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,absolutely wonderful !I adore this little studio ! Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful project Nell! I love this style of house, probably because my first dolls house (as a child) was one which would be the perfect companion to this little studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaah WOW! I want one just like that in my back garden!! Can it? Can it? Aah, it's so cute, the decking surrounding it, the angles on the roof, and these enormous large windows that let in the light... Lovely little subject, really lovely! Terry and you made it "work"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Increíble trabajo,es precioso!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - gorgeous! Are you bringing it to NJ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. so tiny and detailed, i love it very much. I am a fan of your work.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this studio Nell, but wanted to tell you how much I love your pastry shop for the 2012 Chicago International! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nell, you've constructed my dream studio in miniature! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Followers